RULES & GUIDELINES
● To qualify, the film must meet two of the three following standards:
– The Director is Asian
– The Executive Producer and/or Producer and/or Screenwriter must be an Asian
– At least 70% of the film was shot in Asia. Countries under Asia eligible for entry are defined as: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Cyprus, East Timor, Georgia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Rep. of China, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, State of Palestine, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Yemen.
● Submissions must be produced after 1st January 2021 till present.
● To join this competition, you are required to submit your entry from 21 August onwards.
● Film submission period for the open call is from 21 August, deadline has been extended to 1 October 2023.
● Films can be released theatrically or available online (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo) prior to competition.
● Films can be from all genres: fiction, documentary, animation or others.
● Preferred File Format
– MP4 or MOV
– At least 720p or higher in resolution.
– Click here for the video requirements to check encoding specs.
● Films can be presented in their original native language/dialect. Non-English language films are recommended to have English-language subtitles hard-burned in the video or provided in .srt format with the original copy (if you don’t have it, write to us).
● Viddsee does not accept works in progress or trailers.
● Submissions from previous Juree Awards and are commissioned by Viddsee (Viddsee Originals) are not eligible for entry.
● Duration of films must be no longer than 30 minutes (including end credits).
● Films selected for Viddsee Juree showcase will be streamed online on Viddsee’s platform and they will not be allowed for a takedown for a period of two years.
● For the vertical category, all submitters must be a creator under 35 and have a TikTok account. Finalists will be required to post 1 TikTok video on their own account to share their inspiration behind the film and/or behind the scenes with a call to action to vote.
How to Submit?
1. Go to creator.viddsee.com.
2. Sign up for a Viddsee Creator account using your Facebook or email account.
3. Fill up your personal details to complete the film license agreement.
4. Click on the button “Add a new film” to start uploading your film.
5. Indicate either “Juree Asia Open” or “Juree Asia Vertical” in the “Referral code” field box
6. Upload these materials in the Files section: Director Bio (max 100 words in .docx or .pdf file), Director Photo (Upload your headshot in PNG with at least 300 ppi), Poster Key Art (1920×1080 in PNG), Director Statement (max 150 words in .docx or .pdf file).
7. Submit your film to Viddsee for curation.
8. We will get back to you on the status of your film submission!